Monday, January 12, 2009

Sin

SIN

 

You pull me back

You push me on

You darken paths

All have known

 

Without your curse

Without that pain

Without that tug

None could explain

 

Hated by some

Loved by all

Feared by those

Whom obey your call

 

Pulled and pushed

Beaten to pain

Never forgotten

By those that complain

 

But you fear too

A common table

Set before them

Your victims able

 

Those that remember

Those that won’t forget

Those who seek forgiveness

From lives of regret

 

You received yours

Many years past

Now just a shadow

Does your power cast

 

I’ll eat the bread

I’ll drink the cup

I’ll break the chain

With Him I will sup

 

For “Sin” now go

You must leave

No one to catch

In the web you weave

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I found you there.... Visiting Carnton Plantation here in Franklin I found the name of a confederate soldier from South Carolin...