Friday, January 2, 2009

Not Enough

Not Enough

 

 Flowery words are not enough

To take away one tragic push

That wiped any joyous memories away

 

I do not pretend to understand your mind

Nor, can I count the pieces of your shattered heart

Broken without regard to its existence

 

No promise made in haste

Will satisfy, or quench that longing

For the "what " that might be from here

 

With no support, to say I love you

Would only cause you more pain

Like the scrape of a dull blade across your flesh

 

The wound is to open and fresh

All that is dirty and nasty must be removed

To allow the healing that must occur

 

Though the scar will always remain

In time and through the hand of forgiveness

It is my desperate hope that we care again....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I found you there.... Visiting Carnton Plantation here in Franklin I found the name of a confederate soldier from South Carolin...